Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Good 2nd men are willing to work for free.

When being a 2nd man you have two options. Stay with your 1st man for life or learn as much as you possibly can from the 1st man so you will be an effective 1st man some day.
We have two students right now at the Our Generation Training Center that are planning on being full time missionaries. Philip Bassham is planning on going to Kyrgyzstan in Central Asia and Mark Tolson is planning on going to China.

Both of these guys are at the top of the list. They have sacrificed and worked in a way that is above and beyond many students. They are involved in several hours of classes every week; work 30 to 40 hours for the church, and on top of that work part time jobs. By the way, neither of them receives a salary, not one dime.

They have committed working and training under Jefe so they will learn what they have to learn to be the right kind of leader.

If you don’t have 2nd men around you that are willing to work for you for free, you don’t need them as 2nd men. Don’t spend money on those that aren’t willing to learn, serve, and kill themselves when money isn’t involved.

Few students have paid the prices these young men have. I count it a privilege to be able to work beside them every day.

I truly believe we are working with men whose hearts God has touched.

1 comment:

Austin Gardner said...

I couldn't agree with you more and I have no words to express my love and appreciation for both Philip and Mark. They have kept their word that they gave me when we got back. They work hard at everything and are there for whatever I ask. I know that God is going to use both of them in great ways. I thank God for them. I am one of the most blessed men in the world to have such a great group of men working for and with me. Thank you men!