Thursday, August 9, 2007

Be Supportive of What Your 1st Man Believes In

Today, Jefe was talking to Trent and me about the importance of church blogs and email rings. He wanted us to make sure we understand that getting our message out to our church people is a major priority.

Jefe believes in communication. He sends about two articles a day to his staff and church people via emails or blogs.

I would verbally agree with the importance of communicating, but I was never the one to send out a lot of emails, and I was set against starting a blog. I finally realized though, that if I am going to be a good 2nd man I have to be 100% behind what he believes in. That’s one of the reasons I started this blog. I am not doing it because I am trying to impress him, I am doing it because I actually believe that it is as important as he says. I just finally stopped being lazy about it.

If he is excited about an upcoming conference, then I need to be excited about it. If he believes knocking on a 100 doors a week is important, then I need to think that knocking on a 100 doors a week is important. If he thinks reading a book a week is important than I need to think reading a book a week is important and make sure I read a book a week.

I hope I am getting across my point. I am not saying to be a fake. I am saying that you genuinely need to be behind and excited about what your 1st man believes in.

If you have a close relationship with someone, you are going to like what they like. My 3-year-old son loves motorcycles because I love motorcycles.

If you don’t like a lot of the same things that your 1st man likes, you probably don’t have a close relationship with him. If you don’t like a lot of the ideas your 1st man has, then you're probably not a good 2nd man for him.

Be excited and behind your 1st man in everything he does or get out of his way, and let him hire someone that believes in him.

No comments: