Monday, August 20, 2007

Don't Let the 1st Man's Ideas and Visions Fall to the Ground

Yesterday, we had a meeting with the World Evangelism Committee in our church. This meeting is centered on teaching our church people the right way to think about missions and what we all need to do to get more involved. It is definitely on the top-three list of exciting meetings in our church.

During the meeting, Jefe presented a few of his ideas he wants our church people to follow through with. A few of the ideas he talked about were how he wants to have an exciting mission’s conference in September, how he wants us to start a yokefellow team ministry, and how we need to stay in better contact with our missionaries.

This is where I come in. If I want to be a good 2nd man I have to take note of all the ideas the 1st man has. I can’t let the things the Lord lays on his heart go unnoticed. Remember my job is take make the 1st man more successful. If I allow his ideas to be presented without being followed through with, I failed at my job.

I have to take all of those ideas and break them down into small pieces, and delegate those pieces out to the church people so his vision will become a reality. If they are not broken down then the idea will never seem realistic enough to accomplish. When things don’t seem realistic then people become discouraged and the job never gets completed.

The job of the 2nd man is to make sure the ideas and visions of the 1st man are carried out. Don’t drop the ball and let things go unnoticed or allow things to be done second rate. Plan and work long in advance to make sure your 1st man looks first class in everything he does.

Don’t forget to listen and pay attention to what he says. Always take notes and be aware so that none of his ideas are lost.

1 comment:

John Pearson said...

Mark: I could not agree with you more. Breaking down and delegating the components is vital to the work getting done. Good job. JP