Saturday, September 1, 2007

Remember You are an Extension of the 1st Man

Everything you do as a 2nd man should further the ministry of the 1st man.

If I make a visit to a first time visitor, I need to make the visit in the name of my pastor. If I make a hospital visit, I need to tell the person that Pastor Gardner asked me to come and see how they are.

A lot of pastors are worried about their 2nd man being loyal. When he knows that everything you do complements and strengthens his ministry, he doesn't have to be worried about loyalty.

At the church we strive to represent the Jefe in everything we do. We want to make sure that what we do doesn't hinder but help his ministry.

The 1st man should get the credit for everything we do or say. Now that's a good thing when what we do is right, but it can be very devastating when we cause problems. We have a enormous responsibility to make sure we don't give him a bad name, which in turn gives the Lord a bad name.

Remember the importance of your position. Remember that everything you do is what the 1st man does. Make sure you're the right kind of representative.

No comments: