Monday, September 17, 2007

Keep Your Spiritual Life in Check

One of the greatest heart aches leaders have in the ministry is to see people they have worked with turn back to the world, to see them reject what they know is right for the lust of their flesh, lust of the eyes, and the pride of life (John 2:16).

There are several people that worked under Jefe that are not serving God any longer. He has invested much time and money into people that as of now could care less about what God wants for their lives.

We have to realize we are in a battle. The devil wants to take us down. Don’t expect to work with a man of vision and think that you’ll be safe from the devil’s attacks. A man of God that moves forward will always be under Satan’s attack.

Many times he isn’t able to take down the 1st man so he goes after the 2nd man. He knows that if he destroys someone as close to the 1st man as his 2nd man, he can cause a lot of damage to the 1st man’s ministry.

There are times in my life when I am discouraged, angry, bitter, and lustful. The devil wants to use each of those vices to take me down. If I am not relying on Him, I could fall into any of those traps at any given time.

Sometimes you may get the feeling you don’t have to study, pray, or read the Word as much because you’re not the main guy in charge, but you are so wrong. It is just as important if not more to do all of those things.

If I let down my guard for one minute I could lose everything. Satan wants nothing more than to destroy my ministry.

If you don’t think the job of a 2nd man is that important then don’t worry about your spiritual life. You also won’t have to worry about being a 2nd man for much longer either.

No comments: