Monday, September 3, 2007

Be Loyal

Loyal is defined as giving or showing fixed and constant support or allegiance to a person or institution. My two favorite words in this definition are fixed and constant.

When an argument arises between you and your 1st man, do you show fixed and constant allegiance? When the majority is against him, do you show fixed and constant allegiance? When you disagree with his decisions, do you show fixed and constant allegiance?

I have seen several men come and go in the ministry since I started working with Jefe. I have seen them make commitments to stand and work with him no matter what to get the gospel to the world.

I have also seen those men turn their back on him and act like they have never made those promises. When times got touch, or when the wrong decisions where made, instead of trying to improve the situation they threw in the towel. When he challenged them to have good work ethics and to be accountable to those that pay or support them, I have seen them run in the opposite direction.

One thing I had to learn in order to be Jefe’s 2nd man is that he is flesh and blood just like the rest of us. He makes mistakes, loses his temper, and at times says things he shouldn’t say. You know, the same mistakes you and I both make.

A good 2nd man won’t waiver when trouble comes. His loyalty will stand no matter what the circumstances.

I know there are times when a 1st man totally turns away from God and his word. The 2nd man may have to leave, but if you have a 1st man that desires nothing but to please God, like I have, you better learn what loyalty really means.

You better learn that you don’t talk bad behind his back or try to get others to back up your ideas and decisions against him. You stand with him even if the gates of hell come crashing down on his head.

Be the man he can rely on 100%!

No comments: