Saturday, October 13, 2007

Figure out the areas you need to dedicate your time

Right now I am at one of my favor places in the world, Arequip, Peru. I had the opportunity to travel with Jefe and Ms. Betty and also John and Sandy Pearson for the Pastor’s Conference.

I like these times when we are able to get away and see how the Lord is working in the lives of our missionaries.

Trips like these are also good training times. Jefe has the opportunity to be around a few younger missionaries, and they are always asking him questions about how to do the ministry better.

I have worked with Jefe for around 12 years now so there isn’t much of his training I haven’t heard. But as I have the opportunity to hear him again teach on things I have heard before I am convicted by my lack of work to put some of his key ideas into action. I have really felt like a great waster of time this week seeing a lot of things we planned years ago never to be accomplished.

As a 2nd man you must keep on track with the important things. You can’t let time pass without carryout the priorities that have been set in the ministry.

Just to keep you up to date, starting now I will be making sure I help Jefe put together training material and books we have talked about producing. I am rearranging my schedule to make sure those things are taken care of.

We don’t have much time. Make sure you are using your time wisely.

No comments: