Friday, October 19, 2007

Don’t disagree with the 1st man in front of others

Occasionally the Jefe says something in front of all the students that at first I disagree with. There are some times in front of others he tells me what I am doing is wrong and what I need to do to fix it. There have been a couple of those times I didn't agree with them or when I was not wanting to be corrected, and I thundered my disapproval in front of everyone. After a short time I realized the terrible mistake of arguing with him in front of others.

As a 2nd man I have to show people my total loyalty to the Jefe at all times. When I step out of my place and argue with him in front of others I am not showing a lot of loyalty.

If you are going to be a 2nd man, the one thing you have to learn to do is keep you mouth shut. You don’t have to shut it forever, but you have to learn when to talk.
There isn’t anything I can’t talk to Jefe about. His door is open to me 24/7 for anything I need. If I disagree with him he has provided plenty of time for me to talk to him without doing it in front on others.

When I am in front of others I want them to know I am behind everything he says or does. We can argue behind closed doors but when the doors open I want them to know that I stand behind his decisions and ideas 100%.

I never want someone to think there is a possibility of me siding with them against the 1st man.

Make sure you have the same attitude or leave.

No comments: